- The project has a 6 million Euro budget funded by EC. It involves 22 partners representing most of the European countries (Italy, France, UK, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Portugal).
- Coordinator: Proplast (Italia)
• Instrumentation and methodology for sensor based in-line monitoring; control of processing of new multifunctional polymer nanomaterials.
• In-situ grafting of nanofillers in flowing polymer melts; inprocess analysis of the influence of compatibilizing agents and processing parameters on dispersion and distribution of nanoparticles
• In-extruder synthesis and functionalisation of nanofillers and hybrids.
- 3 Plastipolis partners:
• Firms: Schneider Electric and Plastiques RG (SME)
• Laboratory: CNRS IMP
- Coordinator: EcoPlus (Autria)
- Objectives: « Polylactid acid for new biobased packaging »
- PLASTIPOLIS partners : INSA-CNRS, Addiplast, ROVIP, Tendris, Plastique RG, Natureplast
COnverging TECHnologies for micro systems manufacturing
- Coordinator: FOTEC (Austria)
- The main objectives of COTECH are:
• to develop and to demonstrate new micro replication techniques supported by emerging tool-making technologies for the manufacturing of polymer-based multi-material component
• to implement global process chains for the manufacturing of polymer-based micro-mechanical components and systems. This will be supported by the use of new advanced simulation models and “in-situ” non destructive testing procedure
• to introduce and to demonstrate new micro replication techniques combining capabilities of different processes or techniques based on micro injection mouldin
• to demonstrate the capability of producing high added value micro devices with advanced functionalities by means of realizing 8 demonstrators coming predominantly from the areas of medical technology and automotive industry.
- Coordinator: Région Rhône-Alpes & Plastipolis (France)
- Project objectives :
• The main objective of the project is to initiate a coordination of research an development activities in the field of polymer converting industry in Europe
• The approach is to work with a panel of Regions and clusters to deliver:
• A consistent review of research & development policies and research infrastructures in the field of polymer converting industry
• A common technology roadmap to build the future polymer converting industry on line with the international competition
• An implementation plan for the years 2008-2015
• A specific action plans for the years 2008-2010
The French Mechanical Cluster