Starting date : February 2017
Duration : 30 months
Funding under: INTERREGMED Programme co-funded by ERDF aiming at boosting green and sustainable MED regions.
Manufacturing is an important pillar for Europe, since it impacts significantly on economy, occupation welfare and environment. It consumes about the 30% of the total energy produced, uses as input critical raw materials and is responsible for environmental emissions. Thus, the adoption of green practices in manufacturing is a top-priority of seveal European Regions.
However, even if Europe is a global leader in green manufacturing research, its innovation capacity should be strongly improved. The availability of a European network of pilot plants accessible to SMEs could significantly contribute to this goal.
The setup such an interconnected network of pilot plants requires the identification of common challenges and the mobilization of considerable resources. For these reasons, Regions should cooperate to reach this goal under the paradigm of smart specialization.
In the Vanguard-Initiative, a Clusters-governed methodology for the setup of trans-national projects of pilot plants was conceived, but was not tested on a structured basis and on a large scale.
Based on this experience, GREENNOMED aims at testing and transferring this methodology in the MED Regions, considering their peculiarities and also their link with other relevant EU manufacturing Regions, in particular with Germany.
GREENOMED expected output:
- Cluster-governed methodology Aimed at Establishing a trans-national cooperative process for the design and implementation of pilot plants supporting green innovation under the paradigm of Smart Specialization.
- New services offered by Clusters and business organizations to engage companies in the innovation process transrégional.
- Running pilot projects of green manufacturing plants boosting innovation in Europe.
- Policy and institutional framework supporting trans-regional cooperation in green manufacturing innovation.
GREENNOMED will address business support organizations (Clusters), enterprises, SMEs, research and innovation organizations , Public Regional Authorities, as well as the general public.
- Website : https://greenomed.interreg-med.eu
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Greenomed/
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/greenomed_eu?lang=en